Thursday, September 10, 2009

Meet the Cast: Stolen Promises

Jenn and Elana let the characters run loose to introduce their story.

Alec: So how should we start this?
Gavin: Er, at the beginning would be good.
Alec: Well hell, of course I knew that. I just meant -
Gavin: You should have been more specific then, after all -
Tory: Oh hush it both of you! Men. They can’t even do a simple thing as tell a story. Jo, why don’t you start it off?
Jo: Alright then, my story began -
Tory: Our, Jo, our story!
Jo: Right, dear, so sorry. Our story began one fateful day when I was just minding my own business at home doing some embroidery for our mother’s birthday and...Oh, dear God Tory we’ve forgotten to give it to her for her birthday. Do you think she’d be terribly angry with us? Of course she would –
Tory: We were kidnapped Jo, I think she’d probably forgive us. Just go on with the story.
Alex: Yes, while we’re still young.
Tory: At least two of us. There’s no more hope for you two.
Alex: Are you talking about us?
Tory: Course I am. You don’t see anyone else around here with those Highlander wrinkles do you?
Alex: But –
Gavin: JO! The story please!
Jo: Hmm, so anyway, I was spending the day at home when I received a letter from the king ordering me to Scotland and marry a laird. Politics. So I had to pack that morning, leave that afternoon...
Tory: And then I saved the day.
Jo: Or made things worst as we escaped the guards and got lost…
Tory: Huh. Well, next time I’ll just leave you alone.
Jo: Not that I'm not grateful! I would've done anything to get out of marrying that laird. But things became more complicated as we were soon found by loathesome barbarians -
Gavin: Who are you calling a barbarian, woman?
Jo: Well, of course I didn’t mean…
Tory: Believe me, when you first met, she called you much worse.
Gavin: Interesting. So I rescue you from the woods and saved you from certain death and I’m still called a barbarian? Or even worse?
Alec: Don’t forget I helped. And Jo, a simple thank you would suffice. Without us, you would've been found by the Boswells and that wouldn't have ended well...
Jo: All right, all right. Thank you!
Tory: Whatever. We would've been just fine, don't give them the satisfaction!
Alex: Wait a minute…Tory aren’t you supposed to be mute?
Tory: Er…say what?
Gavin: Since you obviously cannot continue the story truthfully I think I should take over. After much searching for the Boswell bastards, Alec and I soon stumbled upon the girls. We…picked them up and brought them back to my keep.
Jo: Kidnapped. The word is kidnapped.
Tory: Although it was an interesting ride.
Jo: I don’t want to talk about it.
Gavin: You would've escaped, I just did what I had to do.
Jo: What you did was extremely rude.
Gavin: I can't believe you're still complaining about that. I’ve already apologized. And we’re already mar -
Jo: SPOILER ALERT!
Tory: I know right? Gee don’t go spoiling it for everyone now!
Alec: You're supposed to be mute!
Tory: Oh, be quiet, you know that doesn't last long.
Gavin: Unfortunately not.
Tory: Hey!
Jo: Well, I suppose we should end it now before we let them know all of our secrets. Goodbye and we hope you’ll enjoy the rest of our adventure!

Click here to read the story!
Read more

No comments:

Post a Comment