Friday, September 18, 2009

Happy Birthday, Jenn!


(Click image for full view!)


COLOR CODE KEY
(this will make sense soon XD)
|All|Blaise|Oliver|Sirius|Cole|Colin|Jared|Alec|Alex|Chris|Edward Cullen|Prince Edward|Matt|Brodick|


Jenn gathered up the grocery bags and headed up the walk to her house. Why a sobbing Elana had called in desperate need of a bag of cinnamon, purple sprinkles, three different flavors of pixy stix, a jar of Greek olives, seven thick and creamy strawberry Yoplaits, a gallon of Superman ice cream and three bags of Xtra Cheeze Goldfish was beyond her, but she’d run out to the store to get them nonetheless. The girl had said she’d be meeting her at her house later that night – and repay her, of course - and everything would become clear. Rolling her eyes, Jenn put down one of the bags to search in her purse for her house key before seeing that the door was already open. She searched her memory and remembered locking the door before she’d left – and were those noises coming from upstairs?

Setting down all of her things, Jenn took out her wand and crept into the house. So, yeah, maybe it wasn’t the smartest move to go into a place you think is being robbed, but she had to check it out. Wand at the ready she stepped lightly to the stairwell and proceeded upwards. As she neared the landing she began to her footsteps, lots of synchronized footsteps, and music, coming from her room. Perplexed, she stayed alongside the side of the wall her slightly open door was on to get a better look. She couldn’t believe her eyes.

Inside was Elana, all of Jenn’s men, Evan on the bed with a laptop, a light and sound system strung up around the room, and a rack of tuxedos was stationed against the back wall. At the moment, all of the men were coming out of the triangular formation they had been in, laughing together while Elana looked extremely put out.

Evan clicked off the music – his A/V club connections had allowed him to sneak out all of the supplies Elana had ord – requested. She was standing with her fists clenched, a vein in her forehead going wild as she tried to stay calm.

“Boys,” she said through her teeth, “I called this emergency rehearsal because, good God, this is an emergency! You all came late so we haven’t been able to start until now! You are ruining my choreography! Some of you,” she said dangerously, narrowing her eyes at Alec, “still don’t know the difference between spirit fingers and jazz hands. How are we supposed to put on the perfect show for Jenn if you can’t even get that right?”

The laird was humbled from his position in the back, but gave jazz hands a whirl to try and mollify their self-appointed director.

She sighed heavily, shaking her head. “Once more from the top.”

The men shuffled into formation, and Jenn couldn’t believe her eyes.

Blaise stood apart from the line in the back, and began to sing, the others humming harmoniously in the background as they danced. The music started out soft, slow and soulful, his deep voice matching it perfectly. The lights were dimmed, a single spotlight shining on the Slytherin.

When we first met
I knew it could be,
I could never set
You apart from me,
I had a feeling that you
Knew it too,
So now I’m singing this
Song for you,
A message from
Your first -


He paused and was joined off by Oliver and Sirius who all slowly sang in tandem as the music sped up and became more lively,

- love.

The three stood next to each other, snapping their fingers and shifting their weight from side to side until Oliver, and then young Sirius sang.

I love you more than Quidditch
I ditched detention for you
You’re the kindest witch
I’ve ever known,

But I can’t have you for my own

Because…


Everyone stepped to the front in a clump, danced in unison and belted out,

I was made for you
(All of us?)
And you were made for me
(Oh, I see.)
You put me into the Closet
Just to keep me near
You take me out so I don’t fret
I can hear you loud and clear

I love you

A short pause as Chris, Prince Edward, Alec, Alex, Matt and Colin came forward and the others stepped back, dancing in the background, and then

Too.

You gave us life
We made you our wife
(Wives?)
(Girlfriends?)
Creator, lover, you’re true
I was dead
‘Til I popped out of your head
And I wouldn’t want it
Any other way
You put me into your story
You gave me Tory
But I came to love you instead


Because…


All came forward for the chorus again, but this time it was Edward Cullen, Cole, Jared and Brodick who stayed forwards.

You pulled me out of my book
And gave me another look
At the life I have to live
The greatest gift you could ever give
So I thank you
For all that you do
For getting me out of those pages

Because…


Everyone stepped up for the chorus and clumped together, forming the triangle Jenn had first seen.

And we are wishing you,
Our beloved Jenn,
A very happy birthday
From your Closet men


The music faded out and Evan turned on the lights for the critique. Elana stood silently for a moment before collapsing on the bed in a huff.

“You’re hopeless, every single one of you,” she cried, voice muffled by the quilt. Angry, defensive yelling erupted from Jenn’s closet; the women didn’t like their men being spoken to like that. Elana put a silencing charm on the door and yelled in frustration herself. “No one uses the cues, no one can stay on beat, this is useless! After all that time and effort, useless!” She sat up, lower lip quivering, and muttered a spell. A moment later there was an enormous gift-wrapped box in the middle of the room. Pointing at it, she said disappointedly, “Get in, just get in, and you’ll pop out and yell ‘Surprise’ and she’ll never even know the difference.”

“Actually, she will,” said Jenn with a laugh, stepping into the room. Elana nearly fell off of the bed in shock as all of the boys ran to Jenn, enveloping her in a twenty-six armed hug.

“Did you like it?” Alex asked eagerly.

“Like it? I loved it!”

“Even though they were all off beat and can’t really sing?” a soft voice from the bed asked.

“Gives it character, we know all about that,” Jenn replied, worming her way out of the group to give her friend a hug. They laughed, and the group reformed.

“But I’m confused,” Jenn said. “Why did you need all of those groceries?”

“To get you out of the house and give us enough time to practice!”

“Of course, should’ve known.”

“Happy birthday Jenn! We love you!”
Read more

No comments:

Post a Comment